- Incorporate future thinking into present decisions
- To act in the present, but with and from a future perspective, to travel back from 5-7 years ahead, with a deep and holistic understanding of what is very certain to happen, and then consciously choosing and creating y'our preferred future.
- A method for informed reflection on the major changes that will occur in the next 10, 20 or more years in all areas of social life, including education. Futures Thinking uses a multidisciplinary approach to pierce the veil of received opinion and identify the dynamics that are creating the future.
- While the future cannot be reliably predicted, one can foresee a range of possible futures and ask which are the most desirable for particular groups and societies. A variety of methods - qualitative, quantitative, normative, and exploratory - help illuminate the possibilities, outline policy choices, and assess the alternatives.
- Personal development covers activities that improve awareness and identity, develop talents and potential, build human capital and facilitate employability, enhance the quality of life and contribute to the realisation of dreams and aspirations.
- Personal development takes place over the course of a person's entire life. Not limited to self-help, the concept involves formal and informal activities for developing others in roles such as teacher, guide, counselor, manager, life coach or mentor.
- When personal development takes place in the context of institutions, it refers to the methods, programs, tools, techniques, and assessment systems that support human development at the individual level in organisations
- the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists
- a person's sense of resolve or determination
y'our - Y'ourself
Amalgam of YOU and OUR / OURSELF (posited by the author Tom Meyers)
- As human being we are are simultaneously a whole (society) and a part (the individual that makes up society). This is also referred to in philosophy as a holon.
- Ourself refers to people in general rather than a definite group of people
- FYI: Yourself refers to the person being addressed as the object of a verb or preposition when they are also the subject of the clause and in the the original futurizing context of my book it was correct to use. However, over the last 2 years I havee come to realise that the essence of futurizing is far more extensive and goes beyond the self. For example, If you futurize yourself (meaning just you) but the world is depleted of it's resources you will starve and thus not obtain your desired future.